Homemakers have Achievement Day
The Lawrence County Ohio Homemakers held their 76th Annual Achievement Day on April 16 at Ohio University Southern’s Proctorville Center.
Carla Webb, of Ironton, received the Best of Show award for a full size, hand quilted and hand-embroidered quilt.
Other cultural arts winners included:
• Hand Stitchery: Counted Cross – Louise Kelley, first; Carla Webb, second
• Embroidery – Carol Wright, first; Anita Quisenberry, second.
• Photography (Color) – Anne Dobbins, first; Wanda Crowe, second; Carol Carter, third.
• Fiber Arts (Crocheting) – Linda Minor, first; Louise Kelley, second; Anne Dobbins, third.
• Quilts (Hand Stitched) – Carla Webb, first; Gloria Saunders, second.
• Hand Quilted (Crib Size) – Louise Kelley.
• Heritage Skills (Quilting, Scrimshaw, Dying, Baskets, Stenciling, Tin Punch) – Wanda Crowe.
• Christmas Decorations – Louise Kelley, first; Anita Quiesenberry, second; Wanda Crowe, third.
• Flower Arrangements – Wanda Crowe, first; Brenda Heffner, second.
• Greeting Cards – Anita Quiensenberry.
• Jewelry – Louise Kelley, first; Carol Wright, second.
• Pillows – Carol Wright, first; Barbara Bayless, second.
• Scrapbooks/Albums – Anita Quiesenberry.
• Wreaths – Carol Wright, first; Sally Wells, second; Wanda Crowe, third.
• Miscellaneous – Louise Kelley.
• Recycling – Carol Wright, first; Barbara Bayless, second.
• Wall Hanging – Carol Wright, first; Kitty Bennett, second; Louise Kelley, third.