Lightning strikes tank at Arrick’s Propane
PROCTORVILLE — Crews responded to a fire at the Proctorville location of Arrick’s Propane, after lightning struck one of the tanks Tuesday afternoon.
Owner Ralph Arrick said the strike damaged a fitting and that there was a small one-foot flame burning.
“But no one is in any danger,” he said.
Arrick said crews from the Proctorville Volunteer Fire Department were on the scene, along with other departments and an official from Marathon.
He said they would be pumping out the tank and expected they would be finished by night.
“Everything is under control,” Arrick said. “It just shows you how safe propane is to have lightning strike like that and it can be dealt with.”