Low-cost blood profile screenings offered throughout the region
ASHLAND, Ky. — Many healthcare providers recommend patients undergo routine blood screening regularly. King’s Daughters is offering access to these tests with their Low-Cost Blood Profile program.
The blood screening is available for $25. No physician order or appointment is needed. However, fasting is required. Results will be mailed to participants’ homes and available in MyChart in one to two days. Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted. Insurance cannot be billed.
The LCBP includes the most commonly ordered lab tests, including:
• Complete Blood Count: Screens for and monitors conditions that affect the blood cells, including anemia, infection, inflammation, blood disorders and some types of cancer.
• Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: Provides information about the current status of the metabolism, including kidneys and liver; electrolyte and acid/base balance; blood glucose levels; and blood proteins.
• Lipid Panel: Includes measures of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol (bad); HDL cholesterol (good); and triglycerides.
• Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: Screens for and aids in the diagnosis of thyroid disorders, including both low and high function.
KDMC also offers optional A1C testing for $5. The A1C test provides information about the average levels of blood glucose over the past three months. The A1C is an important tool in the management of diabetes.
All screenings take place from 8-10 a.m. The locations and dates for the screenings include:
• King’s Daughters Center for Advanced Imaging, 2225 Central Ave., Ashland, Ky.; Fridays through Nov. 20.
• King’s Daughters Ohio, 2001 Scioto Trail, Portsmouth, Ohio; July 17, Sept. 18, Nov. 20.
• King’s Daughters Medical Specialties Kinneys Lane, 1729 Kinneys Lane, Portsmouth, Ohio; Aug. 17, Oct. 19.
• King’s Daughters Family Care Center Grayson, 100 Bellefonte Rd., Grayson, Ky.; July 10, Sept. 11, Nov. 13.
• King’s Daughters Family Care Center Ironton, 912 Park Ave., Ironton, Ohio; July 23, Aug. 27, Sept. 24, Oct. 22.
• King’s Daughters Medical Specialties Prestonsburg, 1279 Old Abbott Mtn. Road, Prestonsburg, Ky.; July 22, Sept. 23, Nov. 25
• King’s Daughters Medical Specialties Jackson, 14395 State Route 93, Jackson Ohio; July 17, Sept. 18, Nov. 20.
• King’s Daughters Family Care Center Wheelersburg, 8750 Ohio River Road, Wheelersburg, Ohio; July 10, Sept. 11, Nov. 13.
For the most up-to-date testing schedule, stay tuned to our Facebook page or visit the events calendar at KingsDaughtersHealth.com.